Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I have been fortunate in recent months to have a couple of sports journalists take an interest in my “hot hand” research and in applying some fairly subtle statistical concepts to sports, more generally.

One of these journalists, Jerry Crasnick, contacted me in August about an article he was writing for one of the Major League Baseball post-season souvenir programs (which turned out to be for the World Series) and interviewed me for his piece on “Baseball’s Law of Averages.”

The other writer, Kenneth Shouler, contacted me back in the spring about an article he was writing for Cigar Aficionado magazine on NBA basketball players being “in the zone” when they make several shots in a row. This article is now on the newsstands in the December issue of Cigar Aficionado (I do not smoke, and my cooperation with the writer should not be seen as an endorsement of smoking).

If you would like a copy of one or both of these articles, just e-mail me through my faculty webpage (link in the upper right of this page) and I'll send you a copy.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

No comments: